With today’s targeting capabilities in CPM advertising advertisers can now target and optimize the following key metrics in their CPV advertising campaign to make it profitable.
In the top ad networks targeting connection type is one of many CPM target add types available in paid traffic for your Pay Per Impression Campaign – including but not limited to:
Demographic Targeting in CPV marketing like age, language, profession, gender, etc.
For mass-market consumer packaged goods, demographic targeting is usually the best option for meeting both awareness and persuasion goals. It is less likely to be useful for other types of categories, except when specific products are used primarily by a particular demographic.
Geographic Targeting in traffic network ads:
country, state, city and exact geo-location on mobile (important in mobile advertising for local business advertising)
Device Type Targeting – essential for banner advertising
Banners have different sizes. Not all fit on the small screen of a mobile device.
- Desktop Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Tablet Advertising
All mobile ad networks normally have this distinction in their campaign settings.
Android, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.. Depending on your target audience in your web advertising this might become important.
Operating System Targeting: IOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, MAC OS, BlackBerry OS, etc.
Let’s assume one of your traffic sources doesn’t let you do device targeting but you want to target iPhones and iPads. You can then do so by setting your targeting options to IOS.
Brand Targeting: Samsung, Blackberry, Apple iPhone, BenQ, Dell, Motorola, HP, Asus, Lenovo, etc.
In online advertising it is a proven fact that e.g. iPhone owners appear to have a higher purchasing power than let’s say an Android user. Depending on your price points being able to exclude one or the other can have a massive impact on your conversions and ROI of your paid traffic campaign.
Attitudinal Targeting like interests and values
Behavioral Targeting like surfing- and search-behavior
Behavioral targeting is not a particularly relevant option for mass-market consumer packaged goods, but can be very effective for specialized products. Behavioral targeting is often useful when appropriate contextual inventory is sold out or considered too expensive. Targeting based on search behavior can be particularly helpful for tech products, such as consumer electronics, or categories where good contextual sites are rare.
Targeting of Inferred interests
e.g., car enthusiasts
Predicted response Targeting
e.g., likely to click on car ads
e.g., car activity in past 30 minutes
Contextual Targeting in CPV marketing on site-level, on section-level or on content-level
For durable goods and services, contextual targeting can help increase the chances of reaching people who are in the market for a particular product. However, appropriate contextual sites may be hard to find for some categories such as telecommunications. In those cases, blogs might provide the most relevant setting.
Technographic Targeting: mobile carrier, connection type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP address ranges
targeting connection type when you buy website traffic from an ad network
Targeting this metric will help you even more to laser-target your audience. The more targeting features the better.
CPV marketing campaign optimization:
The ideal of targeting every message perfectly, let’s consider the possibilities of combining various targeting techniques. Advertisers can run two or more tactics alongside one another.
A website owners or advertiser looks at a few metrics when it comes to CPM advertising and targeting connection type.
- The first is the CTR [click-through ratio]. A CTR is determined by the percentage of people that saw the ad and then actually clicked on the ad. If your ad is seen by 1,000 people and 10 people click, that is a 1 percent CTR.”
- The second is the CPV [cost per view]. Self explanatory. This metric reflects the cost per view which you can directly compare to
- the third, which is EPV [earnings per view].
You will need a tracker to sort your campaign data collected for being able to evaluate it by comparing these metrics CPV and EPV directly.
CPM Rates are subject to change in any Pay Per Impression campaign depending on the metrics chosen.
Furthermore a CPM network may offer you the option of using
- Run of network (actually a type of non-targeting). Creating a RON campaign is the quickest way to get all the available traffic from a specific country. There are no keywords, or specific targets involved. Simply choose your geo, destination URL, bid and your campaign is ready to go.
- Retargeting (for sequencing ads or for reconnecting with site visitors)
- Day-parting allows you to set the time window in which you want your CPM ads to be served and seen by your target audience.
- Smart CPM bidding in real time.
What Is Mobile Advertising?
Once you’ve finalized campaign goals and target audiences, it’s time to buy media or ad space on different websites.
Demand-Side Platform (DSP): This is an online environment that makes it easy for advertisers to purchase highly targeted display inventory across multiple websites, through one single interface. Similar to Google Add Words, DSPs allow the advertiser to set up ads, target specific audiences, report on results, and bid on inventory in real time.
The big difference is that DSPs are predominantly for display advertising (banners, skyscrapers, and other graphical ads), and that bidding is done on a CPM basis instead of the CPC model typically used for text ads.
If you’re a business with more than, let's say, $2 million in revenue, and advertising is an important part of your marketing mix, then you might consider working with an advertising agency. It might cost a little more, but the quality of work is superior to what you’d get if you did the work yourself. In the end, agency experts know a lot of little tips and techniques that you won’t know about, so the extra fees will probably pay for themselves in higher performance and improved ROI.
If you know that your target audience visits a certain website frequently, you might purchase inventory directly from the publisher. On the other hand, if your focus is on retargeting or on reaching the target audience regardless of the website they’re on, you should go with ad networks, DSPs, or an advertising agency.
When buying your ads, you’ll pay for them on a cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-thousand (CPM) basis.
- Online Advertising Sites targeting connection type Business
- Buy Targeted Website Traffic targeting connection type Internet Cafe
- Top CPM Ad Networks targeting connection type Cellular
- Digital Marketing Agency For Small Businesses targeting connection type College
- Best CPM Ad Network targeting connection type Government
- Buy Website Traffic targeting connection type Library
- CPM Online Advertising targeting connection type Military
- Pop Under Advertising targeting connection type Residential
- Cost Per Impression targeting connection type School
- Display Ad Networks targeting connection type Traveler