With today’s targeting capabilities in CPM advertising advertisers can now target and optimize the following key metrics in their CPV advertising campaign to make it profitable.
In the top ad networks Targeting Operating System is one of many CPM target add types available in paid traffic for your Pay Per Impression Campaign – including but not limited to:
Demographic Targeting in CPV marketing like age, language, profession, gender, etc.
For mass-market consumer packaged goods, demographic targeting is usually the best option for meeting both awareness and persuasion goals. It is less likely to be useful for other types of categories, except when specific products are used primarily by a particular demographic.
Geographic Targeting in traffic network ads:
country, state, city and exact geo-location on mobile (important in mobile advertising for local business advertising)
Device Type Targeting – essential for banner advertising
Banners have different sizes. Not all fit on the small screen of a mobile device.
- Desktop Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Tablet Advertising
All mobile ad networks normally have this distinction in their campaign settings.
Android, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.. Depending on your target audience in your web advertising this might become important.
Operating System Targeting: IOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, MAC OS, BlackBerry OS, etc.
Let’s assume one of your traffic sources doesn’t let you do device targeting but you want to target iPhones and iPads. You can then do so by setting your targeting options to IOS.
Brand Targeting: Samsung, Blackberry, Apple iPhone, BenQ, Dell, Motorola, HP, Asus, Lenovo, etc.
In online advertising it is a proven fact that e.g. iPhone owners appear to have a higher purchasing power than let’s say an Android user. Depending on your price points being able to exclude one or the other can have a massive impact on your conversions and ROI of your paid traffic campaign.
Attitudinal Targeting like interests and values
Behavioral Targeting like surfing- and search-behavior
Behavioral targeting is not a particularly relevant option for mass-market consumer packaged goods, but can be very effective for specialized products. Behavioral targeting is often useful when appropriate contextual inventory is sold out or considered too expensive. Targeting based on search behavior can be particularly helpful for tech products, such as consumer electronics, or categories where good contextual sites are rare.
Targeting of Inferred interests
e.g., car enthusiasts
Predicted response Targeting
e.g., likely to click on car ads
e.g., car activity in past 30 minutes
Contextual Targeting in CPV marketing on site-level, on section-level or on content-level
For durable goods and services, contextual targeting can help increase the chances of reaching people who are in the market for a particular product. However, appropriate contextual sites may be hard to find for some categories such as telecommunications. In those cases, blogs might provide the most relevant setting.
Technographic Targeting: mobile carrier, connection type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP address ranges
Targeting Operating System when you buy website traffic from an ad network
Targeting this metric will help you even more to laser-target your audience. The more targeting features the better.
CPV marketing campaign optimization:
The ideal of targeting every message perfectly, let’s consider the possibilities of combining various targeting techniques. Advertisers can run two or more tactics alongside one another.
A website owners or advertiser looks at a few metrics when it comes to CPM advertising and Targeting Operating System.
- The first is the CTR [click-through ratio]. A CTR is determined by the percentage of people that saw the ad and then actually clicked on the ad. If your ad is seen by 1,000 people and 10 people click, that is a 1 percent CTR.”
- The second is the CPV [cost per view]. Self explanatory. This metric reflects the cost per view which you can directly compare to
- the third, which is EPV [earnings per view].
You will need a tracker to sort your campaign data collected for being able to evaluate it by comparing these metrics CPV and EPV directly.
CPM Rates are subject to change in any Pay Per Impression campaign depending on the metrics chosen.
Furthermore a CPM network may offer you the option of using
- Run of network (actually a type of non-targeting). Creating a RON campaign is the quickest way to get all the available traffic from a specific country. There are no keywords, or specific targets involved. Simply choose your geo, destination URL, bid and your campaign is ready to go.
- Retargeting (for sequencing ads or for reconnecting with site visitors)
- Day-parting allows you to set the time window in which you want your CPM ads to be served and seen by your target audience.
- Smart CPM bidding in real time.
Consider These Traffic Sources Other Than Google
There are various places from where you can buy website traffic. You might look at popunders, expired domains, banner adverts or Pay Per Click. For the beginner, only one of these will normally produce the goods.
Whilst popunders and expired domain traffic (dressed up under a variety of different names!) claim to be able to send huge quantities of highly targeted traffic to your website, on the whole I have never found these to be worth the cost. Frequently the campaigns cost more than they return, so don't bother.
Likewise, banner adverts can be a nightmare on their own. Along with a well written advert and promotion aimed at the banner, sit one on your site and it should earn you a commission. But just drop a banner onto the side of a website and leave it running and you will, if lucky, see maybe 185c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc of people who view the banner visiting your website. Then allow for just a few percent of these clicking on the advert and buying and you soon work out that you need huge amounts of people seeing these banners just to get one sale. You also need to invest time and money in getting the banner professionally designed to really make it eye catching. Another avenue to miss.
3) Create one advert per item. You can then word the advert to suit the item, plus this allows you to link to the correct page.
4) Buy highly targeted keywords only. General keywords, for example 'flowers', might have a lot of traffic, but how much of it is relevant to your product? If you are promoting red roses bid on 'dozen red roses', 'red rose gifts' and so on. Less traffic, but as they closely match the product they are more likely to be interested and buy the product in question.
That's my recommendation for generating regular traffic to your website - Pay Per Click. Set up an advert, monitor and amend it and hopefully you will see plenty of visitors and some affiliate commissions.
- PPV Ads Targeting Operating System AIX
- How To Get Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Amiga OS
- CPC CPM Targeting Operating System Android
- CPM Ad Network Targeting Operating System AROS
- CPM Advertising Targeting Operating System Bada OS
- Display Ad Networks Targeting Operating System BeOS
- How To Get Website Traffic Targeting Operating System BlackBerry OS
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Operating System Brew
- Best CPM Network Targeting Operating System BSD
- CPM Campaign Targeting Operating System Chrome OS
- CPV Marketing Targeting Operating System Danger OS
- Online Advertising Costs Targeting Operating System Feature Phones OS
- Online Advertising Sites Targeting Operating System Firefox OS
- CPM Advertising Networks Targeting Operating System FireOS
- Online Marketing Advertising Targeting Operating System Google TV
- Best Online Advertising Targeting Operating System Haiku OS
- PPV Traffic Targeting Operating System Hiptop OS
- Advertising CPM Targeting Operating System HP-UX
- Top CPM Ad Networks Targeting Operating System IOS
- Lead Source Targeting Operating System IRIX
- PPV Traffic Targeting Operating System JVM
- CPM Banner Targeting Operating System Linux
- Paid Traffic Sources Targeting Operating System Linux Smartphone OS
- What Is CPM Advertising Targeting Operating System LiveArea
- Cheap Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Mac OS
- Lead Source Targeting Operating System MeeGo
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Operating System MorphOS
- Instant Website Traffic Targeting Operating System MTK Nucleus OS
- CPM Online Advertising Targeting Operating System Nintendo Wii
- Top Ad Networks Targeting Operating System Nokia Asha Platform
- Advertising CPM Targeting Operating System Nokia X Platform
- Targeted Traffic Targeting Operating System Nvidia SHIELD Android
- Best CPM Network Targeting Operating System OpenVMS
- Pay Per Impression Ads Targeting Operating System OS X
- Digital Marketing Agency For Small Businesses Targeting Operating System OS/2
- CPM Banner Targeting Operating System Palm OS
- CPM Ads Targeting Operating System Plan 9
- How To Get More Traffic To Your Website Targeting Operating System PlayStation OS
- Buy Targeted Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Rex Qualcomm OS
- How To Increase Traffic To Website Targeting Operating System RIM OS
- Get Traffic To Your Website Targeting Operating System RIM Tablet OS
- PPV Networks Targeting Operating System RISK OS
- Traffic Website Targeting Operating System Sailfish
- Advertising CPM Targeting Operating System SkyOS
- Get Traffic To Your Website Targeting Operating System Solaris
- Website Traffic Generator Targeting Operating System Syllable
- Increase Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Symbian OS
- Pay Per Impression Targeting Operating System Tizen
- Cheap Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Ubuntu Touch
- Digital Marketing Advertising Targeting Operating System Unix
- Top Ad Networks Targeting Operating System WebOS
- Business Marketing Websites Targeting Operating System Windows
- How To Increase Website Traffic Targeting Operating System Windows CE
- Buy Web Traffic Targeting Operating System Windows Mobile OS
- Best Online Advertising Targeting Operating System Windows Phone OS
- Online Advertising Costs Targeting Operating System Windows RT
- CPM Ads Targeting Operating System Xbox OS
- Where To Advertise Targeting Operating System XrossMediaBar XMB