When you get traffic from traffic sources like Add Words or Facebook CPM or use any other ad network for your digital advertising such as banner advertising, popunders, in app video ads or any type of online, visually-based ad, and targeting connection type Military you can use the CPM, CPV (cost per view), EPV (earnings per view) and CTR (click through rate) numbers to figure out if you are getting a decent CPC. CPC is easy to calculate: If you spend $1 to get 1,000 impressions ($1 CPM) and you get 10 clicks (effective 1 percent CTR), then you paid $1 CPM and received a $0.10 CPC.
The Top Ad Networks allow you using dynamic URL tags. These are special tokens you can use in the URL field when buying traffic and creating a CPM marketing campaign that will be replaced with the actual information e.g. targeting connection type ‘Military’ during the adserving process. Instead of targeting connection type there could be any other token from this list below or even a combination of various tokens:
- [ISPID] – ID of ISP of visitor,
- [ISPNAME] – Name of ISP of visitor,
- [COUNTRY] – country of the visitor.
- [BID] – CPM price of the impression.
- [SCREENRESOLUTION] – Detected screen resolution of the visitor,
- [OSNAME] – Operating System name, for example Windows 8.1,
- [BROWSERNAME] – Browser name, for example Firefox 32,
- [DEVICENAME] – Name of the device that visitor uses to browse the Internet, for example Apple iPhone,
- [OSID] – ID of Operating System (for future use),
- [BROWSERID] – ID of Browser (for future use),
- [DEVICEID] – ID of Device (for future use),
- [IP] – IP address of the visitor (used for XML feeds).
For example, if you buy traffic from a lead source or an advertising network and drive that traffic to http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?countryid=[COUNTRYID] these platforms will normally change the token into actual value. Here’s a populated link just as an example: http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?targeting connection type ID=Military .
Later you can use Website targeting option to block and blacklist under-performing websites and/or you can create campaigns targeted towards the best performing whitelisted ones.
You may also arrange rules using these tokens in your tracking system. E.g.: If targeting connection type equals Military then redirect to some other page. Off page cloaking is one of the main reasons to apply such rules.
Display ad networks will also provide Smart CPM – a bid system that helps you to reach more traffic within the same Max Bid by realtime monitoring of bidding market and your bidding position and adjusting bidding parameters for each auction.
Banner Ad Networks
CPA marketing or the Cost Per Action marketing is an online advertising strategy and payment model in which payment is based solely if a qualifying or valid action has been made. These actions can be in the form of registration, subscription or sales. CPA is also known as PPA or Pay Per Action.
Most Internet marketers use Pay Per Click (PPC) to generate traffic into their websites. Through the years, it has been proven that PPC is truly the bedrock of driving massive traffic. However, using such strategy can be costly. For high ranking keywords, one may have to bid and pay prices ranging from $5 to $30 per click. Sometimes, the prices may be higher for highly competitive keywords or if you want to have a targeted traffic.
To ease the burden you have and the headaches and unwanted extra expenses is another advertising strategy emerging onto the Internet CPA marketing real - the PPV or Pay Per View Marketing.
What is Pay Per View (PPV Marketing)?
This advertising and marketing concept is not actually new. It has been used by TV networks since 1981 to encourage people to purchase private shows such as major sporting events and watch them via cable networks at the comfort of their home. Now, it did let itself to be left out as technology advances. PPV has finally made its way in the Internet.
What is Internet PPV marketing anyway? Internet PPV is known as the Adware. These are pop-up or pop-under window traffics which are generated from various Pay Per View advertising networks. Such form of traffic is much targeted as you have complete control over your targeted areas. A target can be a keyword, a phrase or even a whole domain URL. Moreover, it may be the solution to the costly PPCs for you can buy PPV traffic for as low as $0.002.
It is not actually a difficult thing to do as long as you are bidding with the appropriate targeted keywords and domain URLs.
How To Start
1. Sign up for your PPV network. There are actually 5 major PPV networks. These are Zango, Traffic Vance, AdOn Network, Media Traffic and Clicksor. If you are a newbie in PPV, Zango or Media Traffic can be your best choice.
2. You also need to have a CPA network. You can sign up with affiliate.com, Neverblue, Market Leverage or Hydra. You just have to be sure that you are promoting the right offers. Usually it takes about a day or to finish your sign up with both the PPV and CPA networks.
3. Go to Google or Yahoo & Live and search for your targeted keywords or key phrases.
4. Your search engine results will give you 2 sets of results - the inorganic or the natural results and the paid or sponsored results. List your top 10 results together with its URLs in both natural and paid results in Excel spreadsheet or notepad. Do the process again in each of your targeted keywords.
5. Once you have your list of 10 to 20 keywords in each of the 3 major search engines, you now have a decent set of URLs to start with. Just upload your list of URLs to your PPV network.
It is as simple as that. You do not need to create your own page or register yourself with any particular domains. PPV is surely an easy and cost effective way of generating traffic with CPA offers.
CPM-Targeted Traffic: Define Target Audiences
Normally you enter each traffic auction (separate for each impression) with the Max Bid you set for your campaign. In case you are the highest bidder, you will be charged 1085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc more than the next bidder in line, but not more than your Max Bid. For example, if you offer 0.005 as your max bid and there are two other bidders, the bidding line might look like this:
0.005 - your bid 0.003 - some other advertiser's bid 0.0025 - some other advertiser's bid
In such case you are winning the impression, as you are the highest bidder. You will be charged 1085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc more than the next bidder in line, that is 1.10*0.003 = 0.0033. Because of that, your average traffic CPM rate will usually be below your Max Bid multiplied by 1000.
Whereas the Smart Bid system helps you to reach more traffic within the same Max Bid by real-time monitoring of bidding market and your bidding position and adjusting bidding parameters for each auction. It is based on the regular bidding system and that is how your campaign will start. Once it starts getting traffic, Smart CPM will monitor your campaign average CPM bid and compare it with your Max Bid.
If on average you are spending less than your Max Bid per impression, Smart CPM bidding will start increasing Max Bid for part of auctions to win traffic you would have not won with normal Bidding. Let's take the example from regular bidding system - you are bidding 0.005 and you are spending 0.0033 on average which brings you 100k impressions per day (sample value). Smart CPM will notice it and might for example increase your max bid to 0.007 for 5085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc of auctions delivering you another 100k impressions per day. Still, your average CPM rate will stay below or around $5.00 CPM.
Butt the Smart CPM bidding system is far more advanced than that. It monitors your campaign continuously and increases the Max Bid boosting little by little to ensure that you get maximal traffic within your Max Bid setting. To work, Smart CPM Bidding needs to have certain level of traffic speed first to correctly analyse data. If the campaign is winning less than 30 auctions in five minutes, it will not be able to work. It will also need some time to correctly adjust parameters - the faster your campaign is getting traffic, the faster and more accurately Smart Bid system can adjust bidding parameters.