When you get traffic from traffic sources like Add Words or Facebook CPM or use any other ad network for your digital advertising such as banner advertising, popunders, in app video ads or any type of online, visually-based ad, and targeting industry Retailers and General Merchandise you can use the CPM, CPV (cost per view), EPV (earnings per view) and CTR (click through rate) numbers to figure out if you are getting a decent CPC. CPC is easy to calculate: If you spend $1 to get 1,000 impressions ($1 CPM) and you get 10 clicks (effective 1 percent CTR), then you paid $1 CPM and received a $0.10 CPC.
The Top Ad Networks allow you using dynamic URL tags. These are special tokens you can use in the URL field when buying traffic and creating a CPM marketing campaign that will be replaced with the actual information e.g. targeting industry ‘Retailers and General Merchandise’ during the adserving process. Instead of targeting industry there could be any other token from this list below or even a combination of various tokens:
- [ISPID] – ID of ISP of visitor,
- [ISPNAME] – Name of ISP of visitor,
- [COUNTRY] – country of the visitor.
- [BID] – CPM price of the impression.
- [SCREENRESOLUTION] – Detected screen resolution of the visitor,
- [OSNAME] – Operating System name, for example Windows 8.1,
- [BROWSERNAME] – Browser name, for example Firefox 32,
- [DEVICENAME] – Name of the device that visitor uses to browse the Internet, for example Apple iPhone,
- [OSID] – ID of Operating System (for future use),
- [BROWSERID] – ID of Browser (for future use),
- [DEVICEID] – ID of Device (for future use),
- [IP] – IP address of the visitor (used for XML feeds).
For example, if you buy traffic from a lead source or an advertising network and drive that traffic to http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?countryid=[COUNTRYID] these platforms will normally change the token into actual value. Here’s a populated link just as an example: http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?targeting industry ID=Retailers and General Merchandise .
Later you can use Website targeting option to block and blacklist under-performing websites and/or you can create campaigns targeted towards the best performing whitelisted ones.
You may also arrange rules using these tokens in your tracking system. E.g.: If targeting industry equals Retailers and General Merchandise then redirect to some other page. Off page cloaking is one of the main reasons to apply such rules.
Display ad networks will also provide Smart CPM – a bid system that helps you to reach more traffic within the same Max Bid by realtime monitoring of bidding market and your bidding position and adjusting bidding parameters for each auction.
How to Buy Quality Website Traffic
No online business can be successful without adequate traffic to the website. Those who purchase traffic for their website should ensure that actual sales take place. Unless there is profitable selling no one can run the online business successfully. If there is no business in spite of tens of thousands of visitors, the traffic is of no use to the online businessman. Many online marketers waste their time and money for buying unproductive website traffic.
The main drawback of this type of purchased traffic is that they are untargeted. In order to achieve a satisfactory conversion rate the business website should be subjected to demographically targeted traffic. When there are only 2 or 3 transactions out of thousands of visitors to the website it is not a worthy investment. When the traffic is generated from a demographically targeted source a conversion rate of not less than 585c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc is feasible. Those who buy traffic for their website must ensure to track the visits so that they will come to know whether the traffic supplier has provided the committed number of traffic. The online businessman should insist for a money back guarantee from the traffic provider so that there will be no loss in case he failed to provide the committed number of traffic.
How to get traffic to the website?
In spite of an amazing website and well written blogs, one cannot earn anything out of the website unless the potential buyers visit the website and buy the products. Just like the shop in the market place the online shop also cannot generate any income unless somebody visits the site and makes a purchase. The four different methods that are normally adopted by online businessmen to generate traffic to the website are -
- Search Engine Optimization
- Using social media websites
- Placing ads on other websites
- Buying guaranteed website traffic
- Find out how the traffic is directed
The website owner who wants to buy traffic from a traffic provider should ensure that there is no mystery regarding how the traffic is directed into his website. While purchasing website traffic the online businessman must strictly avoid the traffic providers who make use of the service of paid individuals who pretend as customers and click on the website, automated traffic services, domains that are expired and also domain redirects.
- Say "no" to untargeted traffic
In all probability, the untargeted visitor is unlikely to be interested in the products offered by the website so that he is not going to be a customer. The traffic provider should assure to provide traffic according to the requirements and demographics of the online businessman who wants to buy the traffic for his website. Only the targeted visitor will be a potential customer for the website.
- Traffic provider must reveal the ad format he uses
The website owner should know in clear terms whether he pays for a fixed ad space, pop-up ad space, text/image ad space, animated ad space or any other type of ad space. It must be an affordable ad space with competitive pay-per-click or pay-per-view.
- Do not buy traffic in haste
The website owner must be sure about the suitability of buying traffic for his business. Because of the particular line of business, the website may be unable to get targeted visitors. In such cases, the businessman should abstain from wasting his time and money for buying website traffic.
Pay Per View Advertising (PPV)
CPA marketing or the Cost Per Action marketing is an online advertising strategy and payment model in which payment is based solely if a qualifying or valid action has been made. These actions can be in the form of registration, subscription or sales. CPA is also known as PPA or Pay Per Action.
Most Internet marketers use Pay Per Click (PPC) to generate traffic into their websites. Through the years, it has been proven that PPC is truly the bedrock of driving massive traffic. However, using such strategy can be costly. For high ranking keywords, one may have to bid and pay prices ranging from $5 to $30 per click. Sometimes, the prices may be higher for highly competitive keywords or if you want to have a targeted traffic.
To ease the burden you have and the headaches and unwanted extra expenses is another advertising strategy emerging onto the Internet CPA marketing real - the PPV or Pay Per View Marketing.
What is Pay Per View (PPV Marketing)?
This advertising and marketing concept is not actually new. It has been used by TV networks since 1981 to encourage people to purchase private shows such as major sporting events and watch them via cable networks at the comfort of their home. Now, it did let itself to be left out as technology advances. PPV has finally made its way in the Internet.
What is Internet PPV marketing anyway? Internet PPV is known as the Adware. These are pop-up or pop-under window traffics which are generated from various Pay Per View advertising networks. Such form of traffic is much targeted as you have complete control over your targeted areas. A target can be a keyword, a phrase or even a whole domain URL. Moreover, it may be the solution to the costly PPCs for you can buy PPV traffic for as low as $0.002.
It is not actually a difficult thing to do as long as you are bidding with the appropriate targeted keywords and domain URLs.
How To Start
1. Sign up for your PPV network. There are actually 5 major PPV networks. These are Zango, Traffic Vance, AdOn Network, Media Traffic and Clicksor. If you are a newbie in PPV, Zango or Media Traffic can be your best choice.
2. You also need to have a CPA network. You can sign up with affiliate.com, Neverblue, Market Leverage or Hydra. You just have to be sure that you are promoting the right offers. Usually it takes about a day or to finish your sign up with both the PPV and CPA networks.
3. Go to Google or Yahoo & Live and search for your targeted keywords or key phrases.
4. Your search engine results will give you 2 sets of results - the inorganic or the natural results and the paid or sponsored results. List your top 10 results together with its URLs in both natural and paid results in Excel spreadsheet or notepad. Do the process again in each of your targeted keywords.
5. Once you have your list of 10 to 20 keywords in each of the 3 major search engines, you now have a decent set of URLs to start with. Just upload your list of URLs to your PPV network.
It is as simple as that. You do not need to create your own page or register yourself with any particular domains. PPV is surely an easy and cost effective way of generating traffic with CPA offers.