When you get traffic from traffic sources like Add Words or Facebook CPM or use any other ad network for your digital advertising such as banner advertising, popunders, in app video ads or any type of online, visually-based ad, and Targeting Users In El Salvador you can use the CPM, CPV (cost per view), EPV (earnings per view) and CTR (click through rate) numbers to figure out if you are getting a decent CPC. CPC is easy to calculate: If you spend $1 to get 1,000 impressions ($1 CPM) and you get 10 clicks (effective 1 percent CTR), then you paid $1 CPM and received a $0.10 CPC.
The Top Ad Networks allow you using dynamic URL tags. These are special tokens you can use in the URL field when buying traffic and creating a CPM marketing campaign that will be replaced with the actual information e.g. Targeting Users In ‘El Salvador’ during the adserving process. Instead of Targeting Users In there could be any other token from this list below or even a combination of various tokens:
- [ISPID] – ID of ISP of visitor,
- [ISPNAME] – Name of ISP of visitor,
- [COUNTRY] – country of the visitor.
- [BID] – CPM price of the impression.
- [SCREENRESOLUTION] – Detected screen resolution of the visitor,
- [OSNAME] – Operating System name, for example Windows 8.1,
- [BROWSERNAME] – Browser name, for example Firefox 32,
- [DEVICENAME] – Name of the device that visitor uses to browse the Internet, for example Apple iPhone,
- [OSID] – ID of Operating System (for future use),
- [BROWSERID] – ID of Browser (for future use),
- [DEVICEID] – ID of Device (for future use),
- [IP] – IP address of the visitor (used for XML feeds).
For example, if you buy traffic from a lead source or an advertising network and drive that traffic to http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?countryid=[COUNTRYID] these platforms will normally change the token into actual value. Here’s a populated link just as an example: http://www.yourlandingpage.com/track.php?Targeting Users In ID=El Salvador .
Later you can use Website targeting option to block and blacklist under-performing websites and/or you can create campaigns targeted towards the best performing whitelisted ones.
You may also arrange rules using these tokens in your tracking system. E.g.: If Targeting Users In equals El Salvador then redirect to some other page. Off page cloaking is one of the main reasons to apply such rules.
Display ad networks will also provide Smart CPM – a bid system that helps you to reach more traffic within the same Max Bid by realtime monitoring of bidding market and your bidding position and adjusting bidding parameters for each auction.
Tips for Buying Website Traffic
Once you’ve finalized campaign goals and target audiences, it’s time to buy media or ad space on different websites.
Demand-Side Platform (DSP): This is an online environment that makes it easy for advertisers to purchase highly targeted display inventory across multiple websites, through one single interface. Similar to Google Add Words, DSPs allow the advertiser to set up ads, target specific audiences, report on results, and bid on inventory in real time.
The big difference is that DSPs are predominantly for display advertising (banners, skyscrapers, and other graphical ads), and that bidding is done on a CPM basis instead of the CPC model typically used for text ads.
If you’re a business with more than, let's say, $2 million in revenue, and advertising is an important part of your marketing mix, then you might consider working with an advertising agency. It might cost a little more, but the quality of work is superior to what you’d get if you did the work yourself. In the end, agency experts know a lot of little tips and techniques that you won’t know about, so the extra fees will probably pay for themselves in higher performance and improved ROI.
If you know that your target audience visits a certain website frequently, you might purchase inventory directly from the publisher. On the other hand, if your focus is on retargeting or on reaching the target audience regardless of the website they’re on, you should go with ad networks, DSPs, or an advertising agency.
When buying your ads, you’ll pay for them on a cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-thousand (CPM) basis.
Banner Ad Networks
CPA marketing or the Cost Per Action marketing is an online advertising strategy and payment model in which payment is based solely if a qualifying or valid action has been made. These actions can be in the form of registration, subscription or sales. CPA is also known as PPA or Pay Per Action.
Most Internet marketers use Pay Per Click (PPC) to generate traffic into their websites. Through the years, it has been proven that PPC is truly the bedrock of driving massive traffic. However, using such strategy can be costly. For high ranking keywords, one may have to bid and pay prices ranging from $5 to $30 per click. Sometimes, the prices may be higher for highly competitive keywords or if you want to have a targeted traffic.
To ease the burden you have and the headaches and unwanted extra expenses is another advertising strategy emerging onto the Internet CPA marketing real - the PPV or Pay Per View Marketing.
What is Pay Per View (PPV Marketing)?
This advertising and marketing concept is not actually new. It has been used by TV networks since 1981 to encourage people to purchase private shows such as major sporting events and watch them via cable networks at the comfort of their home. Now, it did let itself to be left out as technology advances. PPV has finally made its way in the Internet.
What is Internet PPV marketing anyway? Internet PPV is known as the Adware. These are pop-up or pop-under window traffics which are generated from various Pay Per View advertising networks. Such form of traffic is much targeted as you have complete control over your targeted areas. A target can be a keyword, a phrase or even a whole domain URL. Moreover, it may be the solution to the costly PPCs for you can buy PPV traffic for as low as $0.002.
It is not actually a difficult thing to do as long as you are bidding with the appropriate targeted keywords and domain URLs.
How To Start
1. Sign up for your PPV network. There are actually 5 major PPV networks. These are Zango, Traffic Vance, AdOn Network, Media Traffic and Clicksor. If you are a newbie in PPV, Zango or Media Traffic can be your best choice.
2. You also need to have a CPA network. You can sign up with affiliate.com, Neverblue, Market Leverage or Hydra. You just have to be sure that you are promoting the right offers. Usually it takes about a day or to finish your sign up with both the PPV and CPA networks.
3. Go to Google or Yahoo & Live and search for your targeted keywords or key phrases.
4. Your search engine results will give you 2 sets of results - the inorganic or the natural results and the paid or sponsored results. List your top 10 results together with its URLs in both natural and paid results in Excel spreadsheet or notepad. Do the process again in each of your targeted keywords.
5. Once you have your list of 10 to 20 keywords in each of the 3 major search engines, you now have a decent set of URLs to start with. Just upload your list of URLs to your PPV network.
It is as simple as that. You do not need to create your own page or register yourself with any particular domains. PPV is surely an easy and cost effective way of generating traffic with CPA offers.
Buying Traffic For an Affiliate Website