With today’s targeting capabilities in CPM advertising advertisers can now target and optimize the following key metrics in their CPV advertising campaign to make it profitable.
In the top ad networks Targeting Users Of Brand is one of many CPM target add types available in paid traffic for your Pay Per Impression Campaign – including but not limited to:
Demographic Targeting in CPV marketing like age, language, profession, gender, etc.
For mass-market consumer packaged goods, demographic targeting is usually the best option for meeting both awareness and persuasion goals. It is less likely to be useful for other types of categories, except when specific products are used primarily by a particular demographic.
Geographic Targeting in traffic network ads:
country, state, city and exact geo-location on mobile (important in mobile advertising for local business advertising)
Device Type Targeting – essential for banner advertising
Banners have different sizes. Not all fit on the small screen of a mobile device.
- Desktop Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Tablet Advertising
All mobile ad networks normally have this distinction in their campaign settings.
Android, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.. Depending on your target audience in your web advertising this might become important.
Operating System Targeting: IOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, MAC OS, BlackBerry OS, etc.
Let’s assume one of your traffic sources doesn’t let you do device targeting but you want to target iPhones and iPads. You can then do so by setting your targeting options to IOS.
Brand Targeting: Samsung, Blackberry, Apple iPhone, BenQ, Dell, Motorola, HP, Asus, Lenovo, etc.
In online advertising it is a proven fact that e.g. iPhone owners appear to have a higher purchasing power than let’s say an Android user. Depending on your price points being able to exclude one or the other can have a massive impact on your conversions and ROI of your paid traffic campaign.
Attitudinal Targeting like interests and values
Behavioral Targeting like surfing- and search-behavior
Behavioral targeting is not a particularly relevant option for mass-market consumer packaged goods, but can be very effective for specialized products. Behavioral targeting is often useful when appropriate contextual inventory is sold out or considered too expensive. Targeting based on search behavior can be particularly helpful for tech products, such as consumer electronics, or categories where good contextual sites are rare.
Targeting of Inferred interests
e.g., car enthusiasts
Predicted response Targeting
e.g., likely to click on car ads
e.g., car activity in past 30 minutes
Contextual Targeting in CPV marketing on site-level, on section-level or on content-level
For durable goods and services, contextual targeting can help increase the chances of reaching people who are in the market for a particular product. However, appropriate contextual sites may be hard to find for some categories such as telecommunications. In those cases, blogs might provide the most relevant setting.
Technographic Targeting: mobile carrier, connection type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP address ranges
Targeting Users Of Brand when you buy website traffic from an ad network
Targeting this metric will help you even more to laser-target your audience. The more targeting features the better.
CPV marketing campaign optimization:
The ideal of targeting every message perfectly, let’s consider the possibilities of combining various targeting techniques. Advertisers can run two or more tactics alongside one another.
A website owners or advertiser looks at a few metrics when it comes to CPM advertising and Targeting Users Of Brand.
- The first is the CTR [click-through ratio]. A CTR is determined by the percentage of people that saw the ad and then actually clicked on the ad. If your ad is seen by 1,000 people and 10 people click, that is a 1 percent CTR.”
- The second is the CPV [cost per view]. Self explanatory. This metric reflects the cost per view which you can directly compare to
- the third, which is EPV [earnings per view].
You will need a tracker to sort your campaign data collected for being able to evaluate it by comparing these metrics CPV and EPV directly.
CPM Rates are subject to change in any Pay Per Impression campaign depending on the metrics chosen.
Furthermore a CPM network may offer you the option of using
- Run of network (actually a type of non-targeting). Creating a RON campaign is the quickest way to get all the available traffic from a specific country. There are no keywords, or specific targets involved. Simply choose your geo, destination URL, bid and your campaign is ready to go.
- Retargeting (for sequencing ads or for reconnecting with site visitors)
- Day-parting allows you to set the time window in which you want your CPM ads to be served and seen by your target audience.
- Smart CPM bidding in real time.
Behavioral Targeting in CPV Marketing
Normally you enter each traffic auction (separate for each impression) with the Max Bid you set for your campaign. In case you are the highest bidder, you will be charged 1085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc more than the next bidder in line, but not more than your Max Bid. For example, if you offer 0.005 as your max bid and there are two other bidders, the bidding line might look like this:
0.005 - your bid 0.003 - some other advertiser's bid 0.0025 - some other advertiser's bid
In such case you are winning the impression, as you are the highest bidder. You will be charged 1085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc more than the next bidder in line, that is 1.10*0.003 = 0.0033. Because of that, your average traffic CPM rate will usually be below your Max Bid multiplied by 1000.
Whereas the Smart Bid system helps you to reach more traffic within the same Max Bid by real-time monitoring of bidding market and your bidding position and adjusting bidding parameters for each auction. It is based on the regular bidding system and that is how your campaign will start. Once it starts getting traffic, Smart CPM will monitor your campaign average CPM bid and compare it with your Max Bid.
If on average you are spending less than your Max Bid per impression, Smart CPM bidding will start increasing Max Bid for part of auctions to win traffic you would have not won with normal Bidding. Let's take the example from regular bidding system - you are bidding 0.005 and you are spending 0.0033 on average which brings you 100k impressions per day (sample value). Smart CPM will notice it and might for example increase your max bid to 0.007 for 5085c44a757c1d99481416dfaa0b97e9102e58e03b9c8c880e522f00914f1b62fc of auctions delivering you another 100k impressions per day. Still, your average CPM rate will stay below or around $5.00 CPM.
Butt the Smart CPM bidding system is far more advanced than that. It monitors your campaign continuously and increases the Max Bid boosting little by little to ensure that you get maximal traffic within your Max Bid setting. To work, Smart CPM Bidding needs to have certain level of traffic speed first to correctly analyse data. If the campaign is winning less than 30 auctions in five minutes, it will not be able to work. It will also need some time to correctly adjust parameters - the faster your campaign is getting traffic, the faster and more accurately Smart Bid system can adjust bidding parameters.
- Where To Advertise Targeting Users Of Brand Acer
- Banner Ad Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Alcatel
- CPM Campaign Targeting Users Of Brand Amazon
- PPV Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Apple
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Archos
- Instant Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Asus
- What Is CPM Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Barns & Noble
- What Is CPM Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Blackberry
- Website Traffic Generator Targeting Users Of Brand Casio
- Pay Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand Dell
- Pay Per Impression Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Fujitsu
- CPM Campaign Targeting Users Of Brand Nexus
- Buy Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand HP
- Get Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand HTC
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand Huawei
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Kyocera
- CPM Advertising Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Lenovo
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand LG
- PPV Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Microsoft
- Top CPM Ad Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Motorola
- How To Get Traffic To My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Nintendo
- CPM Ad Network Targeting Users Of Brand Nokia
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Blaupunkt
- How To Get More Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand NTT
- How To Get Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Tesco
- Targeted Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Tesla
- CPM Rates Targeting Users Of Brand Verizon
- Best Online Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Vodafone
- CPM Banner Targeting Users Of Brand Panasonic
- PPV Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Philips
- Online Advertising Costs Targeting Users Of Brand Samsung
- How To Get More Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand Sharp
- Pop Under Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Siemens
- Increase Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Sony
- CPM Banner Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Sony Ericsson
- Business Marketing Websites Targeting Users Of Brand Toshiba
- Get Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Xiaomi
- Drive Traffic To Website Targeting Users Of Brand ZTE