With today’s targeting capabilities in CPM advertising advertisers can now target and optimize the following key metrics in their CPV advertising campaign to make it profitable.
In the top ad networks Targeting Users Of Brand is one of many CPM target add types available in paid traffic for your Pay Per Impression Campaign – including but not limited to:
Demographic Targeting in CPV marketing like age, language, profession, gender, etc.
For mass-market consumer packaged goods, demographic targeting is usually the best option for meeting both awareness and persuasion goals. It is less likely to be useful for other types of categories, except when specific products are used primarily by a particular demographic.
Geographic Targeting in traffic network ads:
country, state, city and exact geo-location on mobile (important in mobile advertising for local business advertising)
Device Type Targeting – essential for banner advertising
Banners have different sizes. Not all fit on the small screen of a mobile device.
- Desktop Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Tablet Advertising
All mobile ad networks normally have this distinction in their campaign settings.
Android, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.. Depending on your target audience in your web advertising this might become important.
Operating System Targeting: IOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, MAC OS, BlackBerry OS, etc.
Let’s assume one of your traffic sources doesn’t let you do device targeting but you want to target iPhones and iPads. You can then do so by setting your targeting options to IOS.
Brand Targeting: Samsung, Blackberry, Apple iPhone, BenQ, Dell, Motorola, HP, Asus, Lenovo, etc.
In online advertising it is a proven fact that e.g. iPhone owners appear to have a higher purchasing power than let’s say an Android user. Depending on your price points being able to exclude one or the other can have a massive impact on your conversions and ROI of your paid traffic campaign.
Attitudinal Targeting like interests and values
Behavioral Targeting like surfing- and search-behavior
Behavioral targeting is not a particularly relevant option for mass-market consumer packaged goods, but can be very effective for specialized products. Behavioral targeting is often useful when appropriate contextual inventory is sold out or considered too expensive. Targeting based on search behavior can be particularly helpful for tech products, such as consumer electronics, or categories where good contextual sites are rare.
Targeting of Inferred interests
e.g., car enthusiasts
Predicted response Targeting
e.g., likely to click on car ads
e.g., car activity in past 30 minutes
Contextual Targeting in CPV marketing on site-level, on section-level or on content-level
For durable goods and services, contextual targeting can help increase the chances of reaching people who are in the market for a particular product. However, appropriate contextual sites may be hard to find for some categories such as telecommunications. In those cases, blogs might provide the most relevant setting.
Technographic Targeting: mobile carrier, connection type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), IP address ranges
Targeting Users Of Brand when you buy website traffic from an ad network
Targeting this metric will help you even more to laser-target your audience. The more targeting features the better.
CPV marketing campaign optimization:
The ideal of targeting every message perfectly, let’s consider the possibilities of combining various targeting techniques. Advertisers can run two or more tactics alongside one another.
A website owners or advertiser looks at a few metrics when it comes to CPM advertising and Targeting Users Of Brand.
- The first is the CTR [click-through ratio]. A CTR is determined by the percentage of people that saw the ad and then actually clicked on the ad. If your ad is seen by 1,000 people and 10 people click, that is a 1 percent CTR.”
- The second is the CPV [cost per view]. Self explanatory. This metric reflects the cost per view which you can directly compare to
- the third, which is EPV [earnings per view].
You will need a tracker to sort your campaign data collected for being able to evaluate it by comparing these metrics CPV and EPV directly.
CPM Rates are subject to change in any Pay Per Impression campaign depending on the metrics chosen.
Furthermore a CPM network may offer you the option of using
- Run of network (actually a type of non-targeting). Creating a RON campaign is the quickest way to get all the available traffic from a specific country. There are no keywords, or specific targets involved. Simply choose your geo, destination URL, bid and your campaign is ready to go.
- Retargeting (for sequencing ads or for reconnecting with site visitors)
- Day-parting allows you to set the time window in which you want your CPM ads to be served and seen by your target audience.
- Smart CPM bidding in real time.
Mobile Advertising Strategy
Let's talk about CPM networks for advertising banners. CPM networks work a little differently than CPA networks and should therefore be used differently.
While a CPA network charges you for your banner ad based on an action someone takes on your ad, a CPM network could care less what actions are taken on your advertising banner. They charge you based on every 1,000 page views the web site that your custom banner is placed on receives.
As I said, a CPM network is used a little differently than a CPA network. When you decide to use a CPM network, you want to get your online banner advertising in front of the masses, or okay, at least a couple thousand viewers regardless if they click on your banner ad or not. Of course, the goal is always to have a potential customer click on your advertising banner, go to your web site and take a desired action. However, with a CPM network you are also looking to brand your company to a higher volume of people and you are looking to generate more page views, rather than just actions.
Different companies have different experiences with CPM networks, so you really should do some research before you make any decisions. Once you have a few to try, I suggest that you monitor your statistics and make sure you are getting the best banner ad results for your money. If not, move on and try some other CPM networks. You may even find that a mix of CPM and CPA networks will ultimately work the best for you.
- Where To Advertise Targeting Users Of Brand Acer
- Banner Ad Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Alcatel
- CPM Campaign Targeting Users Of Brand Amazon
- PPV Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Apple
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Archos
- Instant Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Asus
- What Is CPM Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Barns & Noble
- What Is CPM Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Blackberry
- Website Traffic Generator Targeting Users Of Brand Casio
- Pay Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand Dell
- Pay Per Impression Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Fujitsu
- CPM Campaign Targeting Users Of Brand Nexus
- Buy Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand HP
- Get Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand HTC
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand Huawei
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Kyocera
- CPM Advertising Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Lenovo
- Cost Per Impression Targeting Users Of Brand LG
- PPV Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Microsoft
- Top CPM Ad Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Motorola
- How To Get Traffic To My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Nintendo
- CPM Ad Network Targeting Users Of Brand Nokia
- Pay Per View Ads For My Website Targeting Users Of Brand Blaupunkt
- How To Get More Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand NTT
- How To Get Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Tesco
- Targeted Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Tesla
- CPM Rates Targeting Users Of Brand Verizon
- Best Online Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Vodafone
- CPM Banner Targeting Users Of Brand Panasonic
- PPV Networks Targeting Users Of Brand Philips
- Online Advertising Costs Targeting Users Of Brand Samsung
- How To Get More Traffic To Your Website Targeting Users Of Brand Sharp
- Pop Under Advertising Targeting Users Of Brand Siemens
- Increase Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Sony
- CPM Banner Ads Targeting Users Of Brand Sony Ericsson
- Business Marketing Websites Targeting Users Of Brand Toshiba
- Get Website Traffic Targeting Users Of Brand Xiaomi
- Drive Traffic To Website Targeting Users Of Brand ZTE